Artisan bread is all about bread made by an artisan – someone skilled in the craft of bread making.
It’s not about how rustic the loaf looks or how uneven the crumb, those are just bonus features!
The Chef School SA offers Artisan Bread Baking Classes for those interested in perfecting their technique or those newbies who wish to learn all they can to create a delicious loaf of artisanal bread!
An artisan baker is a craftsperson who is trained to the highest ability to mix, ferment, shape and bake a handcrafted loaf of bread. They incorporate the science behind the chemical reactions of the ingredients and use them to create the most optimal environment for the bread to develop.
In this class, you will work with yeast and do traditional Italian bread, made by hand in an unrushed process; the “old school” way!
What’s the Deal?
- Artisan Bread Baking Class for One – R399 (valued at R800)
- Artisan Bread Baking Class for Two – R699 (valued at R1600)
About the Class
- Classes are Saturdays (09h00 – 1300).
- 3-hour course. min 10 people per class.
- We also offer coffee and rusks during class and upon arrival.
- A step by step explanation of all you need to know when it comes to making traditional artisan Italian bread.
- This fun yet thorough workshop will provide you with an advanced understanding of the science behind the reactions of ingredients in artisan bread and the core principles of bread-making.
See General Terms & Conditions of a voucher
The voucher is valid for 3 months from the date of purchase Bookings are essential: email firstname.lastname@example.org Quote your Hyperli voucher code when booking A 48-hour cancellation policy applies Classes are available on Saturdays (9am – 1pm) Email to confirm the next available Saturday